On this Lord’s Day with its special emphasis on the bodily resurrection of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, it seemed good to present without comment what others have said concerning this miracle, foretold by the prophets, witnessed by the apostles, and preached by believers ever since.
- For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth (Job 19:25).
- For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption (Psalm 16:10).
- Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand (Isaiah 53:10).
- And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights (Jonah 1:17).
- He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay (Matthew 28:6).
- “Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have” (Luke 24:39).
- I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live (John 11:25).
- Now when she [Mary Magdalene] had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.” Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to him Rabboni!” (John 20:14-16).
- [B]eginning from the baptism of John to that day when He was taken up from us, one of these must become a witness with us of His resurrection (Acts 1:22).
- And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus (Acts 4:33).
- Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son or God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead (Romans 1:3).
- It [righteousness] shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification (Romans 4:24-25).
- For is we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection (Romans 6:5).
- He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:4).
- For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead (1 Corinthians 15:21).
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (1 Peter 1:3).